- Eye Center in Oregon Initiates Global Partners Program
- Dr. Abraham Aregay
- Dr. Helen Sisay
- Dr. Angira Shrestha
- Four Friends Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro to Help #cureblindness
- Dr. Daniel Getaneh
- Donor Chops Off Dreadlocks to Raise Money for HCP
- Dr. Kumale Tolesa
- Family Foundation Gives Large Donation after watching “Out of Darkness” on 60 Minutes
- Curt Schlosser
- USAID/ASHA: Improving lives together through Innovation
- Healthy Vision Association (HVA)
- Anil Rai
- Dr. Wah Wah Lwin
- Nunu Weleye
- Henok Lema
- Eskedar Haji
- Donor Spotlight: Aston’s Birthday Gift
- Dr. Alemu Kerie Tesfaw, Ophthalmologist
- Deb White
Our education and training program is one of the pillars of the Himalayan Cataract Project’s eye care model. We know that training just one person in turn can directly affect thousands.
Marta Yeshitela Abebe is an ophthalmic nurse from Bisidimo Hospital in Harar, Ethiopia. She not only provides eye care for thousands in her remote region, she travels with the Himalayan Cataract Project to help create sustainable eye health systems in other areas of her country.
We had an opportunity to speak with Nurse Marta while she was working a high-volume cataract campaign in Woldia, Ethiopia. She was part of a team of doctors and nurses who completed more than 1,100 cataract surgeries over the course of just a few days. In Nurse Marta's words, “There is nothing more than giving the sight.”
See more of her story.