Administrative Assistant – Part-time Position
Part-time position in Waterbury, Vermont.
The Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP) is an international non-profit organization working to eradicate preventable and treatable blindness in the developing world through high-quality ophthalmic care, training & education and the establishment of world-class eye care infrastructure.
The HCP seeks an enthusiastic, well-organized individual to provide administrative support in our Waterbury, VT office. The position is an integral part of a small and collegial team in an outstanding and unique non-profit organization. The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to maintain and enhance existing organizational protocols and establish new ones. Duties include providing support to HCP staff on a range of duties related to programs, development and communications.
The role requires strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, resourcefulness and flexibility. Basic computer skills are required; knowledge of social media and copywriting skills are a plus. The Administrative Assistant position will work closely with a diverse range of people within and outside the organization. The duties are chiefly administrative but provide great exposure to the front-line activities and inner workings of a fast-paced non-profit and could grow to a full-time position for the right individual.
1. Administrative Support
- Manage filing system for office
- Paper filing system
- Electronic filing system (Dropbox & Google Drive)
- Manage and maintain electronic photo library & media inventory
- Enforce filing protocols and set up new ones
- Take minutes for weekly Staff Meeting
- Mail processing.
- Scanning, copying and misc. office duties
- Manage office supplies
- Monitor “info” email account
- Charity Registration tracking
- Assist with travel & visa processing for international trainees & programmatic site visits
- Training Program Tracking and Analysis
- Program Tracking and Analysis
- Update Global Giving – Post Projects
- Newsletter organization – organize updates and maintain photos
- Implement Facebook and twitter posts - upon request
- Assist with gift acknowledgments
- Raiser’s Edge skills including data entry, online gift processing
- Assist with compiling content for development proposals
- Assist with donor mailings
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Professional experience (3 years minimum) providing administrative support in fast-paced office setting; experience with coordinating international travel preferred
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Computer skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with social media.
Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to info@ by Wednesday, November 6th, 2013. cureblindness.org