Virtual Grand Rounds Highlights Global Blindness
While COVID-19 has created challenges for in person meetings, clinical care and international travel, HCP Co-founder Dr. Geoff Tabin has used it as an opportunity to host some of the leading experts in global blindness through a series of virtual grand rounds convened by HCP and Stanford University.
The virtual grand rounds have run as a weekly, nine part series highlighting a complex diagnostic and treatment topic each week as a discussion amongst medical professionals.
In addition to HCP Co-founders Drs. Geoff Tabin and Sanduk Ruit, the series has included:
- Dr. Srijana Adhikari, Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology in Nepal
- Dr. Paul Bernstein, Retina specialist, John A. Moran Eye Center, University of Utah
- Dr. Paul Chan, MD, MSc, MBA, FACS, Head, Department of Ophthalmology, Pediatric Retina and Retinopathy of Prematurity Service Co-Director, Vitreoretinal Fellowship Program, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Robert O. Hoffman, Pediatric ophthalmologist, John A. Moran Eye Center, University of Utah
- Dr. Nag (Gullapalli) Rao, Founder & Chair of LV Prasad Eye Institute, India
- Dr. Alan Robin, Professor, Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute and Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Dr. Alfred Sommer, Dean Emeritus and Professor, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Dr. Hugh Taylor, Corneal specialist, University of Melbourne, Australia and founding HCP board member
- Dr. Raba Thapa, Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon, Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology, Nepal
- Dr. Suman Thapa, Glaucoma specialist, Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology, Nepal
- Dr. R. Venkatesh, Chief Medical Officer, Aravind Eye Hospital, India
The final part of the series can be viewed this week seen as Dr. Tabin wraps up the series and highlights how needless blindness is one public health issue that we can solve.
The series finale will be held on Thursday, July 2 through Zoom and can be viewed at hcpcureblindness.org/rounds from 9:30 - 11:00 PM Eastern and 6:30 - 8:00 PM PST.
Episodes from the series will be available on cureblindness.org once the series concludes.